Generally, comfortable casual clothing is suitable throughout the year. The most practical items to pack for safari are:
• T-shirts and shorts
• Blouses with long sleeves (even in summer, they will protect you from the sun and from mosquitoes)
• Safari trousers or jeans for evenings, cooler days and walking at the water properties
• Fleece or sweater and a warm jacket for game drives (necessary, even in summer)
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Sun block, lip balm, sunglasses, hat and insect repellent
• Camera (extra memory card & battery for avid photographers)
• Light, compact raincoat is a good idea for the summer
• Swimsuit – all the Desert & Delta Safaris properties have swimming pools
• In the winter months (May-August) bring beanie, gloves, scarf, warm jacket for the morning and evenings as it can get very cold
Layers of clothing are most practical for the fluctuating day/night temperatures of Botswana. Dull and/or neutral colours are more suitable for safari; white is not practical. It is best to pack hardy, durable clothing.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Luggage is restricted to 20 kg per person on Safari Air flights. This 20 kg includes both hand-luggage and travel luggage. Bags should be soft-sided, flexible bags. Bags with a solid frame, wheel frame and rigid pull-out handles do not constitute ‘soft bags’. Bags MUST be completely flexible to facilitate the packing within the ‘belly pod’ luggage compartment of the light inter-camp transfer aircraft. By not adhering to these luggage requirements, travellers may cause delays and incur additional costs to themselves. Please contact us should you have any questions.