Generally, comfortable casual clothing is suitable throughout the year. The most practical items to pack for safari are:
• T-shirts and shorts
• Blouses with long sleeves (even in summer, they will protect you from the sun and from mosquitoes)
• Safari trousers or jeans for evenings, cooler days and walking at the water properties
• Fleece or sweater and a warm jacket for game drives (necessary, even in summer)
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Sun block, lip balm, sunglasses, hat and insect repellent
• Camera (extra memory card & battery for avid photographers)
• Light, compact raincoat is a good idea for the summer
• Swimsuit – all the Desert & Delta Safaris properties have swimming pools
• In the winter months (May-August) bring beanie, gloves, scarf, warm jacket for the morning and evenings as it can get very cold
Layers of clothing are most practical for the fluctuating day/night temperatures of Botswana. Dull and/or neutral colours are more suitable for safari; white is not practical. It is best to pack hardy, durable clothing.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Luggage is restricted to 20 kg per person on Safari Air flights. This 20 kg includes both hand-luggage and travel luggage. Bags should be soft-sided, flexible bags. Bags with a solid frame, wheel frame and rigid pull-out handles do not constitute ‘soft bags’. Bags MUST be completely flexible to facilitate the packing within the ‘belly pod’ luggage compartment of the light inter-camp transfer aircraft. By not adhering to these luggage requirements, travellers may cause delays and incur additional costs to themselves. Please contact us should you have any questions.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER