We would like to reassure our travellers and travel partners that Desert & Delta Safaris and destination Botswana is travel ready. Right now!
We are now seeing the lifting of all travel restrictions and the rescinding of travel bans imposed on our region. This comes after the “knee-jerk” reaction from the UK government a few weeks ago and the other countries that followed subsequent to the discovery of the Omicron COVID-19 variant.
We thought it would be helpful to highlight some of the reasons why travellers are ready and visiting.
- Botswana’s borders remain open and we do not anticipate the closure of any borders in Botswana or the SADC region.
- All Desert & Delta properties are open, fully stocked and staffed and looking forward to welcoming a large number of travellers over the holiday season.
- 96% of Desert & Delta staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All staff in the Desert & Delta camps conduct a Rapid Test prior to returning to service in their respective properties. All local travellers must produce a rapid test before travelling to our properties. All international travellers must produce a negative PCR test less than 72-hours old when arriving into Botswana.
- All properties have, and continue, to operate with strict COVID-19 hygiene policies which allow guests to travel efficiently and with minimal risk of infection. An outline of the COVID-19 protocols can be accessed HERE.
- Air access to the region remains very accessible with regular flights to neighbouring South Africa & Victoria Falls from the USA, Europe & other African hubs. All flight connections into Maun and Kasane gateways operate on schedule.
- PCR tests for departing Botswana can be conducted at our properties and turned around within 1-day. This will ensure all travellers can get their COVID-19 negative test within the time to meet the requirements of all overseas countries.
- Frequently asked questions related to COVID can be accessed HERE. Should the unlikely happen and guests test positive for COVID-19 prior to returning home, a contingency plan is in place with accommodation and assistance on the ground within our own properties.
- Desert & Delta Safaris has been successfully welcoming international travellers since January 2021.
- All new bookings may cancel for a 100% refund up to 48-hours before travel should their trip be curtailed due to COVID-19 travel restrictions before or during their trip. This applies to COVID restrictions imposed in the country of origin, transit or Botswana.
- Banning travel to/from the SADC region in November should never have happened. It was a disappointing and unnecessary reaction considering the significant work by our Botswana laboratories and South African partners in discovering this new COVID-19 variant and the transparent reporting provided to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- With 90% of your day spent in the outdoors in remote safari areas – could there be a safer place to be? View Desert & Delta’s video of the TOP TEN reasons why travelling to Botswana is still one of the ultimate post-pandemic destinations.
So dust off your camera, pull your favourite travelling bag from the cupboard and get ready to travel to one of the safest destinations to be in a post-pandemic world.
If you have any questions please feel welcome to GET IN TOUCH.
See you here soon!