It is with great pleasure we announce the reopening of our beloved Chobe Savanna Lodge, on the Namibian side of the Chobe River. After a period of extended closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the lodge will officially re-open it’s doors on the 15th of June 2021. In celebration of the opening of the lodge, we are offering an amazing opening special for any new bookings travelling in 2021. Book an all-inclusive stay at our remote Chobe paradise for just US$ 300 per person, per night sharing
Owing to the lodges remote location upriver from busy town of Kasane, Chobe Savanna Lodge offers a secluded Chobe River safari making it the ideal inclusion in your post-pandemic safari. With Namibia’s proactive vaccination program for people working in the travel industry, every single staff member at Chobe Savanna Lodge will be COVID-19 vaccinated before the opening of the lodge. If you’re looking for a safe haven from which to enjoy your Chobe safari, Chobe Savanna Lodge is for you.
CHOBE SAVANNA LODGE HAS A NEW WEBSITE
During the lockdown, the team at Chobe Savanna Lodge were hard at work, not just starting up their very own organic vegetable garden… but building a beautiful new website too!
Our website encapsulates our welcoming, easy-going, and warm hospitality while showing off the incredible list of things you can do and see at the lodge. Make sure to have a look at the new website on www.chobesavannalodge.com. You can also follow Chobe Savanna Lodge on Facebook and Instagram for updates on what is happening at the lodge.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR NAMIBIA
If you are concerned about the COVID-19 protocols for travelling into Namibia, we’ve got you covered. Below are the current procedures on what you need for your arrival at the border as well as how our team will assist with your departure from Namibia.
Travellers arriving into Namibia (Chobe Savanna Lodge) will need to meet the following:
- Present a valid negative COVID- 19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result no older than 7 days from date of arrival in Namibia.
- Relevant temperature checks are done at the port of entry.
Guests departing Namibia will be required to present a Negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) result no older than 72 hours.To assist with testing, guests can book a COVID-19 test for US$80.00 per person. Our team will transfer you by boat to Kasane Immigration testing station the day before departure for testing. The test results will be collected on departure, before checking into Botswana for your onward travels.
GETTING TO CHOBE SAVANNA LODGE
Owing to its stunning location on a peninsular on the Namibian side of the Chobe River, the lodge can be reached in several ways. The journey to the lodge is in itself a wonderful scenic transfer and adds to the exclusivity. While the lodge has ben closed, we have been worked on several access options.
- Self-drivers in Botswana may leave their vehicle at Kasane Airport secure parking and a complimentary transfer will be provided to the Kasane Immigration boat jetty. From ere you will be met my our guides who will transfer you by boat upriver to Chobe Savanna Lodge after border formalities.
- If you are on a self-drive vacation through Namibia you can now reach Chobe Savanna Lodge without entering Botswana. Access and routes will vary depending on the time of the year. Direct access to the lodge is possible depending on the water-levels of the Chobe River. Should access not be possible, secure parking can be arranged at Katima Mulilo or Nakabolelwa with direct transfers to the lodge.
- For guests arriving on an international flight or coming from the lodges in Botswana to Kasane’s International Airport, a road transfer to the border and boat trip up to Chobe Savanna Lodge is included in your package.
- Road/boat transfers can also be arranged from Victoria Falls (Zimbabwean or Zambian side) into Botswana to Kasane Immigration jetty and onwards to Chobe Savanna Lodge.
For transfer times, details and further information our reservations team are on hand to assist.
If you’re looking for a safe haven for your first safari in a post-pandemic world, Chobe Savanna Lodge is for you. Imagine yourself on a remote safari into the heart of Africa’s Chobe River. The sounds of the wild will awaken your senses as you drink in the fresh air and enjoy the scenery that only Mother Nature can provide. With its broad open spaces, endless views and exceptional wildlife encounters, Chobe is one of the best places to experience Africa.